To establish and maintain a "not-for profit" environment located in the city of Markham dedicated to the joy of model railroading.
The layout will be set in the Golden Horseshoe of Southern Ontario with operations focused around the Hamilton / Bayview Junction area.
The layout will have a rotating era's of the 1940-50's, 1960-70's and 1980-.
Each era change will have a public show at the end of each rotation period.
- Full members will be allowed full access to the facilities.
- Associate members will be allowed access to the facilities twice a month during the hours of operation as listed on the website (or as may be updated from time to time)
- Upon joining the club, new members will begin a four month probationary period at which time it is the responsibility of the new member to become familiar with the existing members and club operations and to demonstrate their skills and willingness to work on club projects to the other members. At the end of that period the candidate will be advised by the executive committee of their approval or non-approval to join the club.
- The club will function as a DCC (digital command control) "HO" scale operation only
- The digital command control will be based upon the "NCE" system.
- All members will be required to provide their own DCC controller and standard flex cable (with din connector) for layout operation
- All members are expected to respect the rights and property of other members
- A three person executive committee will oversee the operations of the club and all decisions relating to the clubs' operations and direction will be made by such committee.
- Within the initial six months, a steering committee comprised of three members shall be established for the purpose of providing member input to the executive committee. The steering committee will be responsible to poll the membership from time to time on any proposed changes, improvements and/or modifications to the layout and operations. Their results would then be provided to the executive committee in a quarterly report.
- For reasons of insurance, liability and the protection of all members, the facility is designated as a non-smoking area
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on site
- Membership restricted to 18 years of age and up unless approved by the executive committee.
REGULAR CLUB HOURS
Thursday 7:00 pm -10:30 pm
Additional days and times may apply (contact executive committee for details).
MEMBERSHIP FEES AND INFORMATION
For more information on membership, including a fee structure please click on the envelope below.